Battery operated plush elephant can cause skin burns or suffocation

(Prague, January 7, 2016) Within monitoring of the market with toys, CTIA officers found out that in the Czech market a toy is offered posing serious hazard of health damage especially to children. Within laboratory tests focused on product safety, the battery area heated overwhelmingly which may cause skin burns during manipulation with the toy. A metal zipper tore and if inhaled it could cause suffocation. Battery access isn’t secured at all and hence is freely accessible without the necessity to use any instrument – it is enough to open the zip. The Czech Trade Inspection Authority prohibited the use of the plush elephant and the distributor withdrew the product from the market based on an imposed measure. This product was notified into the system RAPEX, file No. INFO/233/15.

The complete press release is available in the attachment.


Celá zpráva zde:

2016-01-07-rapex-elephants.doc (, 1.23 MB)

2017 © The Czech Trade Inspection Authority, All rights reserved